Fast Horse — an award-winning, integrated creative agency — is hiring a Financial Controller to join our growing team.
The Financial Controller will serve as a key partner to Fast Horse’s leadership team, providing financial analysis, planning, budgeting, and accounting and bookkeeping oversight, to ensure that Fast Horse has sound financial practices and infrastructure to achieve growth and profitability.
- Preparing weekly and monthly cash flow reports and analysis
- Preparing monthly and year end Income Statement and Balance Sheet, and leading year-end closing process
- Securing information and data to create and maintain monthly and annual project, client and agency forecasts
- Providing monthly variance analysis comparing budgets and forecasts to actuals
- Determining all agency financial reporting needs, preparing reports as needed, and providing required analysis
- Maintaining and updating monthly budget, and leading and generating the annual budgeting process
- Create and maintain cost-control structure and benchmarks against which to measure agency performance
- Ensuring that accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll are handled efficiently and accurately
- Creating efficient and streamlined month-end billing procedures
- Preparing and overseeing client/project-based billing, managing inputs, recording deferred revenue and work in process for accurate monthly revenue recognition.
- Supervising bookkeeping staff and act as the liaison to the bank, and the external tax and audit firm
- Determining overheard allocations, and providing reporting to client/project teams to achieve gross/net margins
- Participating in continuous improvement – developing and maintaining business processes and systems (including software), and developing standards, practices and procedures to achieve a sound financial practice at Fast Horse
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and understanding of GAAP and how to apply them
- Minimum of ten years of accounting/financial experience, including significant experience in marketing agency or professional services industry
- Ability to perform the role/responsibilities of financial controller
- Experience in creating financial controls, procedures and systems to run company financial department
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Be hands-on with attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving skills and ability to identify and implement solutions
- Collaborative work approach
- Strategic financial analysis
- Experience with cloud-based ERP systems and implementation
About Fast Horse
Fast Horse is an independent, modern creative agency. Our work is grounded in organizing ideas that are disruptive, integrated and have the ability to connect in ways that are highly relevant and spur action. Clients like The Coca-Cola Company, Heineken, General Mills, Deluxe Corporation and many more trust us with their most high-profile initiatives.
Campaigns we’ve executed in the last few years have been recognized as the best in the industry. We’ve earned multiple Effie Awards for our work with Newcastle Brown Ale and Diet Coke. We’ve also collected a Cannes Lion two years in a row – proudly placing more coveted ad industry awards in a trophy case already filled with the PR industry’s most sought-after honors, including Silver Anvils, PR Week Awards and SABREs.
Our workplace and culture give our people the flexibility and resources to thrive personally and professionally. Our award-winning headquarters in the Minneapolis North Loop neighborhood is set up to facilitate communication and collaboration and our team members are untethered by a designated office or desk.
We offer highly competitive salaries, a cafeteria healthcare plan, 401K, and a variety of stipends, among other benefits and perks.